Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 May 2011

What price good health.

A very recent occurance at home has made me take stock of a few things that we all take for granted. In fact, some of us can go through our lives without thinking too deeply about the whys and wherefores of our day to day existance. Me for one.
I think my philosophy is probably "What you don't know won't worry you". How many times I have wished I hadn't been privvy to some snippet of information? Usually from the offspring who will share their problems working on the old adage "A problem shared is a problem halved"
I digress. I am also about to follow that old adage and dump my thoughts on you now.

What price good health

We walk, we run,
We feel, we see.
We dream of things
That ought to be.

We take for granted
That we speak
And that we’re strong,
And yet we’re meek.

At end of eve
Another day
The morrow comes
Without our say.

These wonders Are.
We never ask.
We just assume
They’re here to last.

Are they? Will they?
We ask away.
And do we wonder
Whom we pay?

No comments:

Post a Comment