Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 February 2010

Solitary Confinement?

I have had a chest infection now for nearly 4 weeks, altogether now, aaaaah.
I only mention it because I haven't visited the home in which my Stepfather lives in fear of passing on any germs. I do feel very guilty not seeing him for that length of time as we usually go once or twice a week. He is 91, his next birthday is June. I didn't want to be responsible for him being ill at this stage in his life.
The home have 'phoned, he has a chest infection and they have called a Doctor in. Now I do feel guilty, although realize he could have caught it from anyone. I have been this afternoon and, bless him, don't really think he knew I was there or even who I was. Thats my weekend sorted, I will take my knitting and sewing and sit with him for the day tomorrow. Even if he doesn't know its me there he will have a sense of someone being in the room and I think thats important.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear both you and your Stepfather are unwell at the moment.

    Wishing you both a very speedy recovery.

    Ali x

    Ali's Craft Studio
    www.studiocrafts.net

    ReplyDelete